History

moving
moving up 6th
in traffic
set

 

The Mountain View Motel was established in 1946 when some old barracks were moved from the Army Air Force Base located at what is now the Lewistown Municipal Airport.

These barracks were used to house American and Russian pilots learning to fly bombers during WWII.

There were 14 rooms established at that time. In 1975, the Downtown Motel, which was located on the corner of 2nd Avenue North and Broadway, was purchased from the First National Bank.

The Downtown Motel was cut in to sections, one section consisting of 10 rooms and the other consisting of 7 rooms and the office.

The move, to the present location, was watched by many residents of Lewistown. The sections were moved up Broadway to 6th Avenue North then to Main Street to the present location between 14th Avenue and 15th Avenue North.

crane night shot


6th
up main
rubble
 
 ©2014 Mountain View Motel, All Rights Reserved Terms of Use